Tim Maxwell has more than 35 years’ experience at a major US law firm in a wide range of experience in U.S. and international business law matters, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions transactions and corporate governance matters. Many of these transactions have been with life sciences companies, evenly split between pharmaceutical transactions and medical device transactions, and also with financial and contract services companies, telecommunications service providers and paper manufacturers. In addition, Mr. Maxwell is frequently involved in unusual or unprecedent engagements. Examples include:
- Contested acquisition of the largest public company in the Barbados;
- Bid by a consortium to lease and operate the Pennsylvania Turnpike for 75 years;
- Efforts on behalf of creditors to seize the Boeing 757 used by the President of a foreign sovereign;
- Adviser to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on commercial matters.
Before his legal career, he was a special assistant to U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan and a professional staff member of the U.S. Senate Budget Committee.
- Represented Susquehanna Bancshare in its acquisitions of Patriot Bank, Minotola National Bank, and Community Bank.
- Assisted Closure Medical Corporation in certain acquisitions and on its sale to Johnson & Johnson.
- Advised K-Tron International on many matters, including a series of acquisitions and its subsequent sale to Hillenbrand.
- Represented VIASYS Healthcare in its acquisitions of Pulmonetic Systems and Hoffman Laboratories (and numerous other medical device businesses) and its subsequent sale to Cardinal Health.
- Counseled Groupe SEB’s acquisition of All-Clad USA.
- Assisted InfraSource in numerous “roll-up” acquisitions and the subsequent sale of that company by Exelon to GFI Energy Ventures and Oaktree Capital Management.
- Represented BioRexis Pharmaceutical Corporation in its sale to Pfizer.
- Counseled WestStar TV, a Cayman Islands cable television company, in its sale to a US private equity firm.
- Advised Verso Corporation, an Apollo Global Management portfolio company, in the mandatory divestiture of its coated paper mills in Rumford, Maine, and Biron, Wisconsin and other matters.
- Assisted Pulse Electronics Corporation in its “going private” transaction with Oaktree Capital Management.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of GeoBlue, an affiliate of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, on certain matters.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2021
- Highly Recommended, Corporate M&A, PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2006-09)
- Listed, PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2010)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association