Yuri Mitchell concentrates his practice in the representation of businesses and individuals in a variety of tax and corporate matters. His clients rely on him for his understanding of the legal and financial landscape in the areas of entity choice and formation, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and the associated tax impact of a particular transaction. Yuri has also worked on matters involving securities and crowdfunding. He works closely with clients to understand their unique needs and goals to develop customized strategies to help them achieve success. During his time at a “Big Four” accounting firm, his clients included Fortune 100 companies in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries, as well as private equity firms.
During his career, Yuri has supported major multinational corporations with a wide range of mergers and acquisitions matters, including reorganizations, carve-outs, acquisitions, and divestitures. He represents clients in commercial and business litigation matters, helping businesses navigate the complex world of corporate law and tax regulations.
Born in Russia, Yuri recently established a nonprofit organization whose benefit concerts support Ukraine. His future community service plans include setting up other nonprofit organizations whose mission is to support Ukraine in the face of Russian military aggression.
- Assisted BAYADA Home Health Care in transitioning to a not-for-profit organization.
- Audited the section 355 spin off of Dow Chemical Company from DowDupont.
- Performed section 382 ownership shift study for a multi-billion dollar investment company during a proposed bid for TK Elevators.
- Assisted large multinational companies and private equity funds with buy-side due diligence on deals of over $1 billion.
- Advised companies seeking to sell their businesses on internal restructuring and tax elections in order to become more attractive and minimize tax risks to potential buyers.
- Assisted a large Pennsylvania pharmaceutical company with internal debt restructuring.
- Represented owners of a large shoe company in IP and commercial litigation dealing with expired IP applications.
- Provided consulting services to a large Delaware chemicals company regarding numerous tax-deferred internal section 368 restructurings.