Yuri Mitchell concentrates his practice in the representation of businesses and individuals in a variety of tax and corporate matters, including entity choice and formation, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and the associated tax impact of a given transaction.
In his most recent position at a “Big Four” accounting firm, he assisted large multinational clients with various aspects of mergers and acquisitions including restructurings, carve-outs, purchases, and divestitures. Prior to that, Yuri represented clients in commercial and business litigation matters.
- Assisted BAYADA Home Health Care in transitioning to a not for profit organization.
- Audited the section 355 spin off of Dow Chemical Company from DowDupont
- Performed section 382 ownership shift study for a multi-billion dollar investment company during a proposed bid for TK Elevators
- Assisted large multinational companies and private equity funds with buy-side due diligence on deals of over $1 billion.
- Advised companies seeking to sell their businesses on internal restructuring and tax elections in order to become more attractive and minimize tax risks to potential buyers.
- Assisted a large Pennsylvania pharmaceutical company with internal debt restructuring.
- Represented owners of a large shoe company in IP and commercial litigation dealing with expired IP applications.
- Provided consulting services to a large Delaware chemicals company regarding numerous tax-deferred internal section 368 restructurings.