Real Estate Transactions and Finance
Forty years into the information age, real estate drives a large part of the American economy. Lex Nova lawyers bring to the table decades of experience representing clients in the full spectrum of commercial real estate transactions. We represent:
We represent both tenants and landlords as they negotiate and document lease arrangements.
Today, with the COVID-19 bringing even more uncertainty in the commercial office market, it’s even more important for landlords and tenants alike to benefit from personalized, experienced legal counsel.
Acquisitions and Sales of Commercial Real Estate
Lex Nova lawyers have handled every kind of commercial acquisition, including:
- Raw Land for Development
- Apartment Buildings
- Industrial Space
- Office Buildings
- Retail Stores
Negotiating the terms of the purchase and sale agreement is a critical step, but we will also walk you through the due diligence process, environmental testing, if necessary, zoning review, title issues and title insurance, and help you minimize real property transfer taxes.
Real Estate Finance
We represent purchasers, investors, developers, lenders, and tenants in all kinds of financing deals. The most common are traditional mortgage loans from commercial and savings banks, insurance companies and other commercial lenders. But we’re ready to assist, if your financing comes from less traditional sources, including:
- A Governmental Industrial Development Authority or Economic Development Authority
- Tax Credit Financing – Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Market Credits, Historic Tax Credits
- Bond Financing, Including Redevelopment Area Bond Financing.
Real Estate Development and Construction
Whether you are seeking to build or expand your own space, or you are developing projects for sale or investment, the process is complex and challenging. We can work with you to map out and implement the process, including:
- Site Acquisition
- Land Use and Zoning Approvals, Including Special Regimes, such as New Jersey Pinelands, CAFRA, Local Historical Districts
- Urban Renewal Projects, Including Declaration of Areas in Need of Redevelopment, Municipal Redevelopment Agreements, Long-Term Tax Exemptions, Financial Agreements
- Architect and Engineering Contracts
- Construction and Subcontractor Agreements
- Community Associations and Condominium Associations