Darren Goldstein concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and related matters. He has a national complex commercial litigation practice at both the trial and appellate levels in both litigation and arbitration in various jurisdictions across the country. He is also experienced in legal cost management, and structuring business solutions for what appear to be implacable disputes. His clients include financial services institutions, telecommunications carriers, national manufacturers, and other Fortune 500 companies. He has handled matters in over a dozen states and relies on advance planning, budgeting, regular reporting, data analytics, and other cutting-edge technology to assure the most favorable cost-effective results for clients. His approach facilitates meaningful client input and limits legal activity to those services that actually enhance the business bottom line.
- Obtained a favorable resolution and cost-effective management of million-page document discovery in a $15 million California arbitration involving all services provided by the primary software vendor for a national financial services company’s brokerage operations.
- Obtain a favorable resolution of $40 million New York and Florida litigation involving dispute with bond trading company and various other investments.
- Secured an arbitration award of no liability in a $60 million commercial dispute with general agencies in New York.
- Resolved favorably two unrelated patent disputes in California, including successful enforcement of indemnity obligations to recover all attorneys’ fees from vendors at issue in both cases.
- Managed related Nevada, Montana, and Colorado state and federal litigation regarding RICO allegations, complex spendthrift trust issues, casino bankruptcy and deficiency liability issues, EB-5 liability allegations, and various other disputes for a major casino entrepreneur that resulted in dismissals with prejudice of adversary’s claims and judgment on the pleadings regarding our client’s claims.
- Obtained a favorable judgment in a hotly-contested case of first impression for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and other significant awards and resolutions of, telecommunication industry inter-carrier compensation disputes involving, among other things, the CLEC Benchmark, wireless traffic issues and CLEC/ILEC compensation.
- Obtained judgments in New Jersey and Florida defending related minority shareholder claims for $80 million.
- Secured a favorable resolution in a real estate dispute in Florida with a recalcitrant adversary.
- Advised client in a $25 million limited partnership dispute.
- Obtained a Massachusetts federal court ruling enforcing a favorable settlement based on a disputed email exchange in a complex audit dispute.
- Obtained reimbursement of all attorneys’ fees and protection of client’s rights in federal court litigation related to a $25 million mortgage interest in a property subject to environmental issues and a sale.
- Secured a favorable resolution of significant labor and related insurance coverage dispute in federal court in Washington state.
- Represented a client in a California environmental dispute concerning a large-scale farming operation.
- Obtained a $5 million California arbitration relating to indemnity arising from automatic stay issues.
- Led timberland litigation involving indemnity and other contractual issues in South Carolina.
- Represented several clients in restrictive covenant litigation, director and officer liability litigation, re-insurance claims, and nationwide asbestos site-owner claims.
Honors & Awards
- Top Attorney, SJ Magazine, 2011, 2017
- Awesome Attorney, South Jersey Magazine, 2013-2014
- Rated “Super Lawyer” and “Rising Star,” Thompson Reuters, 2010-2014 & 2016
News & Events
- The Slow Motion Riot: Moving From Theory to Practice in Implementing Value-Based Relationships Between Inside and Outside Counsel, DELVACCA (May 6, 2010)